Thursday, September 11, 2014

Homebuyers Should Not Dream Alone


Homebuyers
Should Not Dream Alone

by

Kerry D. Alexander


For the record, my parents Willie & Bettye Alexander are the world’s best parents, hands down no doubt about it. I am number 4 out of 5 but we all feel like number 1. There were not a lot of lectures about hard work or doing the right thing, we are from the Show-Me-State, they just did it! When it came to buying our first house, they should have hired some help!

It was the summer of '84, my parents hit us with the big news. They bought a house! We were all excited, and in love with our new home before we even laid eyes on it. I was thankful for the 1 Bed/1 Bath that we lived in, however, it was time to live the American Dream. My parents would take the master bedroom, my oldest sister would get her own room (she actually helped with bills), my baby sister would get a room, and the boys were excited about not sleeping in the "dining room". 
We pulled up to was a 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom 1025 Square foot home with a finished basement. It was everything that I dreamed it would be. The entire basement belonged to me and my two brothers. We even got bunk beds, I had the bottom bunk! Everything was perfect so we thought. 

See, my folks didn’t use a real estate agent. As a result, the importance of a home inspection was not stressed to them. Things started falling apart after the first night there. We had no recourse or no one to turn to for help. I wonder if home warranties existed back then?

Our doorknobs fell off, faucet handles broke, mirrors fell from the walls, cracks here and there, etc. When the fall/winter rolled around my oldest sister found out that her huge add-on room was as cold as a refrigerator. I was home alone when the entire chimney fell off of the house onto the driveway. Chimney's don't just fall after years of functioning properly, no...It was pushed off by the roof! Our dream was crumbling. 

After repairs began and our roof was torn off of the house, we ran into an insurance problem. We would give directions to our house by saying "yeah make a right then keep straight until you see the house on the left missing the entire roof. Yes, the one with the blue tarp tied to it."

This went on for months before it was finally repaired.  This happened to my family, let me help ensure that it never happens to yours. If you are buying, selling, or even thinking about it call me! 

Also, follow the link below for a FREE copy of my Home Buying Guide packed with useful information.

https://bit.ly/2yqUXEg



As your San Antonio real estate EXPERT and proud Texas REALTOR®, I will ensure nothing like this happens to you, your family, friends, or coworkers. Call or text me: 210.859.0221 eMail: kerry@corevalueshomes.com




























No comments:

Post a Comment